Fredericton Pets & Animals: Traveling with Pets
Here are some sources with information on traveling with pets and animals.
- Bringing pets into Canada (Canadian Food Inspection Agency)
- Bringing Pets into Canada (Canada Border Services Agency)
- Bringing Pets into Canda from UK (Canadian Food Inspection Agency)
- Importation of Pets... into the United States (National Center For Infectious Diseases)
- Importing Endangered Species & the Traveller (Canada Border Services Agency)
- Travelling by Air with Pets (BestFriendsPetCare.com)
- Other Pet Travel links
NOTE: MovingInCanada's (also FOundLocally.com's) Hotels Search lets
you search for those hotels that allow you to travel with pets, specifying "Pets Allowed"
in the Room Features. Do this search first, before adding additional search parameters
to help narrow down the hotel options.
When making a reservation, you may wish to enquire about extra charges for pets, which range from none to $25 or $50 per night, depending on the class of hotel. Some innkeepers are particular about the size or the breed of pet, both to ensure that the hotel and room are not damaged or dirtied by the pet (other or subsequent guests may have pet allergies), and also to reduce risk of your pet disturbing other hotel guests.