Fredericton Nearby: Woodstock
This town, just downstream from Hartland, and was named for Woodstock Parish, established in 1786, which in turn was named for William Henry Cavendish Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland and Viscount Woodstock, who was briefly prime minister of England in 1783.
Woodstock Old Home Week (late July),
Woodstock Business listings
Water Wizard Waterslides
At Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Hwy 2, Exit 194
506 328-6287 or 1-8888-222-9644
Eel River No 3 Covered Bridge
On Benton Rd, off Route 2 (TCH)
This covered bridge was built in 1927
This bridge is located on the Benton Village Road in the village of Benton, west of Route 2 above Meductic. It was built in 1927 and has a span of 104'6" and a length of 107'6"
Homourable Charles Connell House
128 Connell St
Historic 1840 home of Hon. Charles Connell, the local postmaster whose face was featured on a postage stamp.
Old Carleton Court House
Route 2 (TCH) Exit 188 along Route 560, for 2km
This heritage building was restored to 1866 standards. Open July through Labour day daily form 9:30 am to noon and 1 pm to 6 pm.
Mailiseet Indian Trail
5.4 km from Exit 212 on Hwy 2 (TCH)
Well maintained trail with hike through hardwood forests.
Woodstock Driving Club, Connell Park Raceway<BR> Connell park Rd
Thoroughbred and harness races during the summer
679 Main St
Starting at the LP Fisher Library, take a walking tour around Woodstock's architectural heritage.